Martial Arts Schools / Studios
Accident & Liability Insurance Coverage
Participation in today’s Martial Arts can provide physical fitness, discipline, self defense and entertainment….but can also result accident and injury. In the past, accident and liability coverage for Martial Arts Schools or Studios was either too costly, too limited, or not available at all. Individuals were either forced to pay extremely high insurance premiums or to run programs without proper insurance protection, therefore running the risk of personal exposure to lawsuits or a participant’s injury claim.
However, now a comprehensive program has been developed to specifically cover the inherent risks involved in running a Martial Arts School or Studio. This Martial Arts Accident and Liability Insurance Program is designed to help eliminate the financial and emotional burden one can incur as a result of a lawsuit or participant injury claim.
The Accident Coverage ($100,000.00 Benefit)
Pays the medical bills of an injured student or staff member
Who Is Covered?
All youth and adult students and staff members of the Policyholder are covered while participating in sponsored activities. A member is also covered while traveling, directly and without interruption, to and from any Policyholder sponsored activity and his or her home or place of residence.
Accidental Death & Dismemberment
If a covered injury results in any of the losses specified below within one year after the date of the accident, the Company will pay the applicable amount.
- Full Principal Sum for loss of life ($50,000.00)
- Full Principal Sum for double dismemberment ($50,000.00)
- 50% of the Principal Sum for loss of one hand, one foot or sight of one eye ($25,000.00)
- 25% of the Principal Sum for loss of index finger and thumb of same hand ($12,500.00)
If the Principal sum is payable, no indemnity will be paid for dismemberment. In any event, the double dismemberment indemnity is the maximum amount payable under this Benefit for all losses resulting from one accident.
Maximum Medical Expense Benefit
If the Covered Person incurs eligible expenses as the result of a covered injury, the Company will pay the charges incurred for such expense within 52 weeks, beginning on the date of accident. Payment will be made for eligible expenses not to exceed the Maximum Medical Expense Benefit of $100,000.00, subject to a deductible amount of $250.00. The first such expense must be incurred within 60 days after the date of the accident.
Exclusions and Limitations
This Plan does not cover any loss to or resulting from:
- Sickness or disease in any form, except pyogenic infections due to an accidental cut or wound.
- The use of drugs or narcotics, unless administered under the advice of a physician.
- War or any act of war, whether or not declared.
- Participation in any riot or civil commotion.
- Air travel or the use of any device or equipment for aerial navigation, except as a fare-paying passenger on a regularly scheduled commercial airline.
- Suicide or any attempt thereat or any self-inflicted injury.
Nor does the Plan cover:
- Service provided by any person or facility employed or retained by the Policyholder or member organization.
- Service provided by any member of the Insured Person’s family or household.
- Dental treatment, except as the result of a covered injury.
- The repair or replacement of any artificial dental restoration.
- Expenses payable under any Workers Compensation Law or similar legislation.
- Injury sustained while riding in or on any two or three wheeled engine driven vehicle.
The Liability Coverage ($1,000,000.00 Coverage)
Protects you in the event of a lawsuit or property damage
Who Is Covered
This program provides protection for your Martial Arts School or Studio, owners, directors, instructors and employees against claims of bodily injury liability, property damage liability and the litigation costs to defend against such claims. Coverage is provided up to $1,000,000.00 per occurrence with a general aggregate amount of $2,000,000.00. There is no deductible amount.
Coverage Includes Suits Arising Out Of:
- Injury or death of participants
- Injury or death of spectators
- Injury or death of volunteers
- Property damage liability
- Host liquor liability (non-profit)
- Incidental medical malpractice
- All activities necessary to conduct of activities
- Ownership use or maintenance of gyms, fields or school areas
- General negligence claims
- Cost of investigation and defense of claims, even if groundless
Exclusions & Ineligible Sports/Activities
Abuse/Molestation, Assault & Battery, Employment Related Practices, Professional Liability, Total Pollution, Collapse of Temporary Structure, Fireworks/Pyrotechnics, Use of Trampolines, Gymnastics, Cheerleading Pyramids, Skin & Scuba Diving, Snow Skiing, Water Skiing, Motor Sports, Rodeo or any Equestrian Related Sports, Polo, Mountain Climbing, Rock Climbing, Climbing Walls, Waterslides, Ballooning, Parachuting, Sale/Manufacture/Distribution of Athletic Equipment, Use of Saunas or Tanning Devices.
Following is the combined Accident and Liability premium rate:
$8.95 Per Person Per Year
Minimum Premium: $450.00
(Staff members are included for no extra charge)